Thursday 18 May 2017

a propos nothing in particular

I wrote the following questions a year ago, before the referendum. Now seems like a suitable time to ask the questions again . . . before any of us vote.

I like to sit here on my chair, swinging my legs, whiling away the time . . .  and sometimes I THINK!

THINKS: Who is it that calls the nation to war when diplomacy and statesmanship fail? THE POLITICIANS.
THINKS: Who is it that called the upcoming referendum (albeit after some kicking)? THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is that desperately want to be at the forefront of the debate, to persuade us to their views? THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is it at the root of almost all national debates/arguments/discussions, about anything? THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is it that is led by his/her chosen party and party whip to do as they're told, OR ELSE? THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is it that regard themselves as the leaders/movers-and-shakers/always-right-but-can-never-wrong? THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is it that tells us that we can't buy this or that without the application of some form of artifical premium? THE POLITICIANS.
THINKS: Who is it that says I cannot be a British subject so I must be an EU citizen? THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is it that determines whether or not I can beat the living daylights out of a burglar in my home?  THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is it that says I must not arm myself to protect myself when the time comes? THE POLITICIANS
THINKS: Who is that could do all of us a HUGE favour just by going away? THE POLITICIANS

And WE vote for them! Or so we believe.  Except that I didn't vote for ANYONE in the current batch of misfits.

To my mind, we are in urgent need of an overhaul of our system of government. Maybe the first thing to do is put all of them on minimum wage.
* * * * *
 
See www.freeparliament.org.uk and think about it.

* * * * *


No comments:

Post a Comment